Thursday, February 07, 2008

when life gives you lemons--MAKE LEMONADE!

I don't care how much of a 'woman' I sound like when I say this..but....my new favourite kitchen aid?? LEMON SQUEEZER!!
I cannot stress HOW in love I am with this thing. I got it at a sketchy dollar store, and was skeptical of its capabilities since the plastic seamed a little flimsy. Fear not my dear wandering bloggers, the plastic HOLDS! And squeezes lemons to a beautiful pure and pulpy juice until there is nothing left but seeds and rinds!
Other things I have been up to...
How could anyone resist a trip into Sugar Mountain when they are standing mere decimetres away from the door waiting for a bus that will not arrive for another 13.29 minutes??
I love this store, and would like to try every piece of candy in it...save for the black licorice types.
I wasn't really in the mood for snacking on candy, but everything looked mighty delicious! Coconut chocolates, all kinds of taffy, candy in bulk, nostalgic paraphernelia...if only the prices weren't above the norm. OH WELL. I did not leave empty handed.
I bought two packs of chewing gum. The first shown here is Fruit Stripes bubble gum. I only bought it because it reminded me of the old days when Juicy Fruit's Fruit-a-Burst used to be available in Canada. Juicy Fruit's Fruit-a-Burst? Best gum ever--I wonder if it still exists somewhere in the Americas. Anyway this gum is clearly labelled as "artificially flavoured" and also smells and tastes completely fake. Oh well...any gum that comes in colourful wrappings, zebra cartoons and with free tattoos is fine by me.
I also bought a pack of Clark's Teaberry gum--but only because it was 25cents (and here I go making excuses..). I like how the packaging reminds me of old people. I haven't tasted it yet, but it smells minty and stuff.

That is all, I've got things to do.

2 comments:

wendy said...

I want to rub Fruit Stripes all over my face +_+ literally.

rinagape said...

JO! haha how do i subscribe to you???? this thing is confusing! hahaha