Wednesday, May 28, 2008

how to eat "fruit pudding"...

First, I would like to make sure that everyone knows how much I hate pudding. I hate pudding. I bought two packs (12 cups) of assorted "fruit pudding"s mistaking them for these lychee coconut jelly things that I LOOOOOOVE (which usually go for $8 a pack/6cups at the korean grocer on Bloor). On impulse I bought the 2 for $3 packs at a chinese supermarket on Spadina without looking at the writing on the package. Anyways, the good news is that the "fruit pudding" still has the fruity-jelly-membrane-y squares of "lychee" inside. So...that being said...here is how I shall "enjoy" my "fruit puddings"...
1. Choose Flavour
what exactly is mangosteen?

2. Locate delicious membrane-like cubessee the faint cube/square by my poorly painted thumb nail?

3. Use provided shovel-spoon to dig
Its not really pudding...actually its not pudding at all...but more jelly-like...more..jello-like...it actually tastes kind of okay...but the coconut jelly stuff is so much better...why?...WHY??...i know not...NAUGHT!

4. Ravenously ingest found membrane fruit cube...


5. Dispose of the remains.dump the pudding and re-use the cups to make j-e-l-l-o!


ANYWAY...I must admit that I am having a rather hot love affair with a place called Ding Dong Bakery on Spadina. My gawd...Ding Dong I love you.

A mini char-siu-bao from Ding Dong Bakery...5 for $2!! So delicious...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

mmmm i love lychee and jelly!!HAHA i love how you just disposed the rest, please save all of it and give it to me when i return from home!! and YEA i've seen ur sis like twice so far!

sun.ah said...

LOL
just wanted to ask if you painted your nailtips while riding on a bus...
and you are hilarious i also enjoy how you garbaged the rest of the 'pudding'!
your post makes me want to go to toronto! i would go JUST to buy fresh dduk! mmm

wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendy said...

I've had mangosteen before! Expensive and not really worth it. They taste like small, slightly sweet and juicy ...cotton balls. :/

The membrane-y lychee imitation cubes you love are nata de coco (bacteria-fermented coconut water). It's the same as those rectangular jellies you can get at bubble tea places.