Sunday, November 30, 2008

art attack!

Hello all! I haven't updated with a real update in so very long. And now that I have loads and loads of stress and work to do in a very short amount of time (i'm cutting it VERY close with A LOT of my deadlines...)...i for some reason feel the need to provide blogger with some of my long lost lovin'. So anyways. Some time ago I mentioned in a post that I would post my pictures from my independant study summer art course....and then....i....NEVER DID! Well, I will not eat my words, HERE IT IS!! the long awaited, but surely not anticipated art works of my summer. I hope you enjoy them.
click the images for a better look, i think some of them get cut off by the blogger layout...
Project 1: Issues of Racism and Asian Diaspora, graphite on stonehenge
drawing 1

Project 2: Beauty series, graphite on stonehenge...ignore the green tape...
beauty

eyes series...

before and after.

Project 3: Yoshitomo Nara appropriations, acrylic on canvas
my yoshitomo nara appropriations.

a closer look...the picture quality is really bad...i can't remember what my camera settings were at when i took these...oops.
nara appropriation 3

Final Project: Legs, ink on stonehenge
legs...

so you get an idea of how big they are...
scale.

closer now...
legs final

legs final

the sketches...
legs sketch

lets sketch 2

practicing with ink before doing my final...
preliminary drawing

i reeeeeally enjoyed working with ink! i used my grandpas old korean/chinese caligraphy set. you wet a stone block thing, and rub another stone on it...and it makes ink and it is amazing.

anyway....ummmmmmmmmmmmmm what else is happning--ohhh i will update some art from 4th year soon...maybe next week or so. i have so much due from now till wednesday!! but i am procrastinating...+_+....

for now...i will leave you guys with this...

HAHAHAH why do i love this guy...the arm flailing is just so awesome!! and his song-making abilities are just genius! GENIUS!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha i love your posts. let the blogggggin begin

Lisa said...

JO~~~ OH MAN I LOVEEEEEEEEE your art seriously!!!!! You should definitely update more with pics of your stuff!!!

sun.ah said...

wowwwwww jo!
i loooove the legs one~
you are quite talented.
and i didnt listen to this youtube vid but i listened to the other one and it made me smile
you make me smile.

Brian Han said...

project 2 is really good!

wendy said...

I really like the legs in their sketches stage.